Monday, May 24, 2010

!paleolithic!

So I've started the Paleolithic diet which basically consists of:

1) lots of organik, free range, non gmo/irridated, etc. meat
2) NO DAIRY of any kind
3) Nuts & Seeds
4) Fresh organik, non gmo/irridated, fruits. (I prefer local & in-season)
5) Vegetables and more vegetables. (I prefer fresh and RAW!)

(find more here: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/aboutus/)

I have been inbetween eating a vegan and vegetarian diet for almost 2 years now. It's hard to know what is healthy anymore because it seems like everyone has their own opinion and that's basically all it is; opinion. Except for the hundreds of studies done to prove this or that but again, they are never completely correct or validated. Test subjects usually aren't guarded 24/7 so who knows what they are eating outside of the lab, right?

I rode my bike to the grocery store again today. It's about 4.3 miles both ways so it's a pretty hefty workout, for me at least. I figure it's healthier for me and the planet to ride my bike.

Besides, if I'm going to eat like a caveman I need to workout like one!

This is what my ride to the grocery store yielded:


I got this buffalo meat because it is lean and much healthier than beef or chicken. If I remember correctly, it tastes better too. I guess I'll find out tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know what buffalo was better for you! Thats awesome I will have to try some. :) Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Bison meat has substantially less fat in it so it cooks really quick too.

    ReplyDelete